We are excited to announce the release of “Drive & Kick,” a series of one-on-one conversations with community leaders and youth advocates.
Our conversations will delve in to the same areas Triple Threat was founded to support - education, career readiness, entrepreneurship, wellness, community engagement and activism, and navigating the basketball journey of a young player.
The calendar is set through August, and we can’t wait to showcase the people doing amazing work in our communities, hoping these conversations can be tools for our mentors to show up for youth, tools for parents to supplement their children’s ideas and experiences, and tools for teenage athletes navigating the difficult decisions and situations ahead.
Without further ado:
* July 21 - Drew Johnson, McNair Scholar Program at North Carolina Central University
* July 28 - Dr. D-Nice Beaugelin, Adolescent Wellness Specialist at wisdomteethinger.com
* August 4 - Coach Jason “Jay” Coleman, Basketball Trainer, 3D Basketball
* August 11 - Kim Bush, Director of Undergraduate Programs (Parks, Rec, Sports, Tourism) at NC State University
* August 18 - Lorenza Wilkins, Executive Director at Rebound, an Alternative for Youth and STEM Advocate
* August 25 - Umar Muhammad, Professor of Practice, Sports Management at St. Augustine's University
Conversations will be held LIVE on Instagram Live, every Tuesday evening at 8pm at the @triplethreat_nc Instagram page. Rest assured, we will remind everyone as we near each topic.
We hope that you will join us and share with your network!